"I ask myself, will it be a true shift where traditional IT outsourcing providers* becomes outmaneuvered by smaller service provider, cloud brokers, in-house IT departments and non IT service providers acting as orchestrators of future hybrid IT? A shift caused by:
- Smaller SPs are able to change when the market does. Faster and shorter step to new decisions.
- Smaller SPs are able to operate, manage and orchestrate solutions earlier exclusively reserved the larger ITO providers.
- Non-IT service providers from mature branches bring money, resources and trimmed processes in to a sometimes immature IT world.
- In-house IT departments are able to orchestrate their IT solutions. They don’t have to focus on fundamental operations provided by IaaS, PaaS and A-/SaaS; they are able to concentrate on core/special services and work more innovative to bring value to core business. To become the internal trusted cloud broker to avoid de-centralised procurement/adoption of products and services.
- The act of “Fat and happiness”: instead of working innovative (know, predict and tell what the customer needs in the future) ITOs only focus on now!
Tell me what you think on Outsourcemagazine, here on the blog or just send me a mail.
- ITOs don’t use partnership to build success. They build everything on their own."
ITO's, SP's, non-IT SP's, "end-customers": Of course MMind is able to discuss in detail how your business can deal with this.